If you love chicken and you’re also up for keto dieting, then you just arrived at the right place. I’ll show you one of the best keto chicken recipes ever.
Sit back and relax, probably get a drink to sip while I take you through this chicken keto recipe.
Warning! If made rightly, this recipe might bring you to tears after the first bite, you’d literally need to get some wipes for your eyes.
I remember when I first made this for my husband, he promised me a Bently, LOL. Although I haven’t seen the Bently yet, I am still hoping to get the keys someday.
Why am I saying all this? I am just trying to let you know that it is a… “dang fine chicken recipe”.
Chicken has always been my favorite from way back. From good old drumsticks to chicken breast, everything about chicken is an experience for me.
Mozzarella Chicken Recipe
Mozzarella chicken can be served as lunch or even a keto chicken dinner. It is American cuisine and the major things you need to whip this up and get your tastebuds whirling are Chicken breasts, Seasoning, Cheese and Bacon.
I was checking the internet lately and I found out that No carb chicken recipes are trending in some parts of the world, you can join in on the trend too by making and eating this chicken recipe.
Why You Would Love This Mozzarella Chicken
This special Mozzarella Chicken is one of those low carb chicken parmesan that tastes as wonderful as it looks. Imagine this, a properly seasoned chicken boiled gently in an amazing tomato sauce, and finally, topped with melted mozzarella cheese!
The thought of this alone can make you drool.
Enough talking, let’s get straight to it.
Is Mozzarella Chicken Kid-Friendly?
I have seen a lot of low carb chicken recipes in my life, and about 99% of them are kid-friendly. In fact, chicken is among one of the healthy food for kids.
However, that’s chicken, are low carb foods bad for kids? According to WebMD, low carb diets are not really a good choice for kids. Low carb chicken meals shouldn’t be much of an issue though. However, Atkins chicken recipes should not be giving to your kids regularly.
Trust me, if you have been searching for easy to make keto baked chicken recipes for your family, I bet you would fall in love with this one. It is mouth-watering and I can give you a 99% guarantee that your family would love it.
KETO CHICKEN RECIPES: How I Made The Best Tasting Recipe In 30 MinutesCourse: Main Dishes
This mozzarella chicken is made in a special tomato sauce, it takes about 10 minutes to prep and about 20 minutes to cook
Boneless & skinless chicken breasts (4 to 5 ounce each)
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 onion (chopped)
¾ cup shredded mozzarella
Crushed red pepper flakes (Just a pinch, which is optional)
1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley to garnish
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 fire-roasted pepper (chopped)
Crushed tomatoes or tomato puree (15 ounces)
2 tablespoons of tomato paste (garlic and herb-flavored)
- First chop or mince the onions, fire-roasted pepper and garlic and set aside for use later.
- Place the oven shelf in the middle of the oven and preheat the grill on medium heat.
- Add seasoning to the chicken by putting onion, Italian seasoning (1 tablespoon), salt, pepper, and paprika.
- On a skillet heat oil over the medium heat and cook the chicken breasts on both sides until nicely browned and properly cooked. Then place in a plate and set aside.
- Cook the chopped onion in the same pan for about 3-4 minutes before adding the minced garlic and cooking for about 1 minute.
- Turn in the crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, crushed red pepper flakes, and the leftover Italian seasoning. Stir mixture.
- Reduce the heat a bit and let the sauce thicken, stir at intervals for about 4 minutes.
- Place the chicken breast in the sauce and top each breast with about 2-3 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the chicken to the oven to grill for about 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely browned and bubbling smoothly.
- And voila! Your mozzarella chicken is all set and ready to be served. Simply garnish with your chopped parsley and serve as desired with any extra dish or enjoy with a glass of good wine to your heart content.
- If you try this the first time and it doesn’t come out as expected, that’s totally fine. I failed at mine 3 times before I finally made the one I could invite neighbors to join in. Keep practicing, you’ll become pro in no time.
- If there are any leftovers, store them properly in a refrigerator as they can stay fresh till the next serving.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 107mg 36%
- Sodium 629mg 27%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 1025mg 30%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 37g 74%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Keto chicken breast recipes are amazing and fun to make, but you need the right tools to ensure that you make the right chicken recipe. Here are some products I recommend.
- Non-sticky pan/skillet: This heavy-bottomed skillet is used in frying foods, it totally safe and non-sticky which means you can fry the ingredients safely without having to worry about making a mess.
- Cooking bowls: You can’t make keto chicken recipes without a mixing bowl. You will need a set of this if you don’t have already as you’d have some mixing to do.
- High-quality oven: This may sound obvious, but trust me you need the best high-quality oven in your kitchen with a good grill to help you deliver the best keto chicken breast recipe you can imagine. If your current oven is giving you issues, you can consider this replacement.