Hey there keto family, today we are going to roast pork. Oh my, I can already feel it, it’s going to be totally delicious at the end.
You’d be grateful, trust me.
Twas a night before Christmas and my granny had just come to visit. At first, I panicked, I had already made keto fathead pizza, and my granny hates pizza.
While still in the kitchen confused and entering a state of complete paralysis, granny got into the kitchen and dropped a bag on the table and her exact words where “we’re making pork shoulder roast”.
I didn’t understand at first until she started the process. I breathed a sigh of relief and was happy, I was saved.
That day was one of the best days of my life guys, with heavy eyes I write this, that roasted pork shoulder tasted soooo good!
I had to learn the recipe, and today, I will share it with you.
Ready to wow your family and friends with this pork shoulder picnic roast? Let’s begin!
How To Cook Pork Shoulder
Take out the pork shoulder from its packaging and rinse it with water. You can get a bone-in pork shoulder or a boneless pork shoulder, it really depends on what you want.
Get a small bowl and turn in Kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, dried oregano, and ground cumin. Combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
We’ll call this mixture our spice rub.
Using clean hands, pat the spice rub on the body of the pork shoulder.
Preheat your oven to about 500 ℉. Get a large roasting pan and place the pork shoulder in it. Place the pork inside the oven and roast for about 20 minutes. When the 20 minutes time has elapsed, reduce the heat of the oven to about 300 ℉ and continue roasting the port shoulder for about 45 more minutes. Ever wondered how long to cook pork shoulder at 350° of about 8 pounds in weight? It should take roughly about 7 hours.
Depending on the size of the pork shoulder, the time taken to cook it should be about 6 hours and 20 minutes for an 8-pound pork shoulder.
After cooking, remove the pork shoulder from the oven and allow it to rest for about 20-30 minutes.
Bone-in or Boneless?
Which should you go for? Basically, it doesn’t matter if you go for bone-in or boneless pork shoulder, it takes just about the same time to cook either of the two. Pork should roast cooking time is roughly 5-7 hours of cooking time and bone-in pork shoulder roast recipe oven time should be about the same.
Back in the day, I used to have some amazing boneless pork shoulder recipes up my sleeve that I could show you sometime in the future.
Is this Pork Shoulder Recipe Freezer Friendly?
Yes, it is, you don’t need to force yourself to finish the whole pork shoulder, it is not good for your health. When you’re tired you can put the pork shoulder inside a container and store it in your freezer.
It should stay fresh inside your freezer for a long period.
Whenever you want to eat it, just slide it in your microwave and make it hot before eating. I used to have a bad habit of eating things from the freezer cold without making them hot, although I am yet to see a disadvantage of doing that, I’d still stick to heating up certain food from the freezer.
This pork shoulder recipe is quite easy to make, you just have to understand how to do it and pay attention to every single detail. Your kids would surely love this and appreciate you for making it, just like I appreciated my granny for making it for me.
If you aren’t getting it right on your first and second tries, don’t give up, it takes time to learn how to cook or become a pro in a particular meal. The only downside to this recipe is the time taken, pork shoulder roast cooking time for 8 Ibs can be up to 5-7 hours.
Become Famous With This One Of A Kind Roasted Pork Shoulder RecipeCourse: Main Dishes
This is an “easy to make” pork shoulder recipe that I learned a long time ago. It takes roughly 5-7 hours to complete the whole process.
8-pound pork shoulder.
1 tablespoon of onion powder.
2 tablespoon of garlic powder.
1 tablespoon of dried oregano.
2 tablespoon of kosha salt.
1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- Get a small bowl and add all the ingredients for the spice. The onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, kosha salt, and ground cumin.
- Preheat oven to 500℉.
- Unpack the pork shoulder and rinse it with water.
- Using your hands pat the spice on the body of the pork shoulder.
- Get a large roasting pan and place the pork shoulder in it with the skin facing up.
- Roast the pork in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Adjust the settings on the oven to 300℉ then roast for about 45 minutes more per pound.
- An 8-pound pork shoulder should take about 6 hours 20 minutes.
- When done roasting, remove the pork from the oven and allow it to rest for about 20-30 minutes.
- Chop it to servable sizes, add more seasoning if you like.
- Don’t forget to preheat your oven first before roasting the pork shoulder. It will take time to cook, but you will appreciate it in the end.
15 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 86mg 29%
- Sodium 67mg 3%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Potassium 332mg 10%
- Protein 33g 66%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Here are some products you can use to ensure maximum functionality;