Do you want a healthy low carb cucumber salad to start your day with? Try this German Cucumber Salad recipe. It is great. In it, you’ll have sour cream, a little bit of vinegar, dill, red onion and of course fresh cucumber.
I have always loved cucumbers from childhood. I know most of you didn’t, but I actually did.
Back in the day, when mama would buy pickles in a jar, I would frown, I never liked pickles, in fact, till this day, I find it difficult to eat pickles, I’d rather munch away fresh green cucumbers from her grocery bag.
Growing up, I started using cucumber to do a lot of cool things, maybe someday I’ll get to share my cucumber secrets with you. But for today, you’ll get to learn how to make this amazing keto cucumber salad. I learned how to make it myself after watching a TV broadcast show.
Hey, don’t judge me yet, Theirs wasn’t purely Keto, but mine is, so how do you like me now!
Are you ready to learn how to make this crunchy and exciting cucumber salad?
Just grab my hand and I’ll take you on a very smooth ride.
The Making Process.
Here’s how to make what I call the “german cucumber salad sour cream”.
Do you have sour cream lying around somewhere in your house? Yes? Get it! You’ll need it. The first thing you have to do in the making process is to get some fresh cucumbers and slice them up. After doing this, get a baking sheet and tea towel, line them up together and lay the sliced cucumbers on it.
Sprinkle salt on the cucumber and allow for about 25 to 30 minutes. Doing this will reduce the water content of the cucumber so you don’t get an over watery cucumber salad.
Get a large bowl and toss the cucumbers inside. Here comes my favorite part, slice in some red onion in the bowl, chop some dill inside and finally, mince garlic.
After adding all the necessary components, it’s time for the sour cream. Add sour cream to the mixture and a little bit of vinegar (apple cider to be precise).
Mix and stir properly.
keep it in a fridge for some minutes and serve cold. You can skip this step if you don’t fancy it.
Now, how easy was that? I bet you won’t spend more than 25 minutes on this.
Can This Work As A Side Dish?
Yes, this german cucumber dill salad works perfectly well as a side dish. It is absolutely healthy and low in carbs. In fact, it’s one of the best low carb sides you’d ever have.
You can decide to serve it alongside a low carb pasta dish or whatever you please, just make sure you are doing it rightly. There are lots of cucumber recipes you could try out, but for me, this one is simply the best.
Can This Cucumber Salad Be Given To Kids?
It’s cucumber and it is 100% healthy for kids. If you are into giving your kids lots of junk you should stop doing it. They actually need more veggies, although 99% of kids do not like veggies, they just have to learn how to eat them for their own good.
This low carb cucumber salad recipe is to die for, I have to warn you though, you might get really addicted after making this. I’m serious I had to stop going grocery shopping for a whole week because I didn’t want to see fresh cucumbers. I’ll surely buy them and when I do, cucumber salad would be first on my salad list.
Let me know what you think about this cucumber salad after making it.
Research Shows That About 90% Of People Love This Cucumber Salad RecipeCourse: Salads
Try out this easy to make german cucumber dill salad. It is rich in nutrients and healthy for kids. Your kids might love it.
2 teaspoons of dill.
1 clove of garlic.
1 teaspoon of black pepper.
¾ cup of sour cream.
2 tablespoons of vinegar (apple cider).
½ red onion.
1 tablespoon of salt.
- Get a baking sheet and line it with a tea towel.
- Slice the cucumber into thin circles.
- Lay the sliced cucumbers on the baking sheet and sprinkle salt.
- Allow for about 25-30 minutes.
- After the cucumber must have released its water, pat it dry and put it inside a large mixing bowl.
- Add red onion and garlic to the mixing bowl.
- Add the sour cream, dill, apple cider vinegar, and pepper to the mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for a short period of time then serve. Or serve at room temperature if you prefer that.
- For a sweeter taste, you can add a teaspoon of any sugar substitute. And make sure you pat dry the cucumber after 25-30 minutes before putting it inside a mixing bowl. Another thing to take note of is the salting process, DO NOT use way too much salt on the cucumber.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 17mg 6%
- Sodium 1068mg 45%
- Amount Per Serving% Daily Value *
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
You might need some of these products to make this cucumber salad recipe;